Pastor Dave Sarsons
September 26, 2016
SERMON September 25th, 2016 “Are You Comfortable?
Today Pastor Dave asked the question “Are you comfortable? Are you comfortable with your spiritual life? Are you comfortable with your church? The Holy Spirit brings comfort (John 14:16) but the Word doesn’t say that He brings comfort to make us comfortable. There are “10 Signs Your Christianity Has Become Too Comfortable”:
|1. You are not attending church with a high level of expectancy.
2. You no longer seem to be concerned about the spiritual condition of neighbors, family members, or your co-workers.
3. You haven’t had a spiritual conversation with a non-Christian in a long time.
4. The Bible seems like a history book. It’s lifeless to you.
5. Your happiness on Sunday mornings is more important than what it takes to reach the unchurched. As long as you get your parking spot, your seat, and hear the music you like, everything’s fine.
6. The plight of the poor doesn’t concern you.
7. Pictures of overseas suffering do not move you to action.
8. You do not give your financial resources sacrificially.
9. Your prayers don’t seem to be making it past the ceiling.
10. It doesn’t even dawn on you that God could do something incredibly radical in your life at any moment today. It’s not even on your radar.
We are lulled into a mindset of ‘comfort’ over experiencing everything that God has laid out right there in front of us.